"Helping Others Navigate Their Life’s Journey with Grace, Love and Hope while Living out Their Purpose”
Anger Management Classes
We offer Anger Management classes using the Choice-Based Anger Control Model.
This model explains that:
- Anger is a choice.
- We have the option to respond in a healthy or unhealthy manner when faced with a challenging situation.
- If we are aware of our choices, then we can better manage our anger.
- If we are aware of our triggers, we can prevent unwanted episodes of anger.
Knowing that we have many options when dealing with our anger is empowering. We can either be out of control or in control. The choice is ours. If you have been required to take an anger management class for court or probation, look no further than Embrace Counseling and Consulting. We understand that, while you may not have an anger problem, you might need to learn new ways of managing your anger. Anger is a natural emotion; nobody should ever feel bad about experiencing it, but we want to ensure that you have all the tools to prevent violence, understand triggers, and avoid anger when possible. Our Certified Anger Management Specialists are educated in different ways to deal with anger outbursts and violent behavior. We offer anger management classes on a weekly basis at all three of our convenient Metro Atlanta locations.
Some questions to ask yourself before attending anger management courses are:
- How often do you feel anger? How often do you feel rage? How often are you violent due to rage?
- What is your go-to response when you start feeling angry?
- What do you do to cool down after getting angry?
- Who or what is your most common trigger? Is it a family member or spouse? Is it driving in the heat? Think deeply about anything and everything that makes you angry and be honest with yourself.
- What do you think you could learn in anger management classes? Be sure to let the instructor know what you want to cover, so we can ensure you learn what you are curious about when you start classes.